PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2014, 00:55
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's that time of year again when we get to see how EZY has managed to screw it up for most of us for another year running.

As posted on the NCL thread, this has been the general picture for EZY over the last 3 or 4 years:

- BFS and BRS are big but not really expanding at any fast rate, if at all
- Growth at EDI has been off-set by reductions in GLA
- Growth at MAN has been off-set by reductions in LPL
- New SEN base was more than off-set by reductions at STN...
- ...Now growth at LTN for S15 is offset by reductions in SEN and yet further cuts at STN
- And NCL has been no different, also seeing cuts across the network

(Also not forgetting they closed EMA base in 2010.)

Literally all of EZY's "growth" (and by that I mean real growth) in the UK market for several years has been solely at LGW. Everything else they have advertised as growth has been nothing more than a reallocation of their aircraft to different airports and routes.

This below isn't absolutely perfect by any means, but should still give you a good idea:

On a Monday in August 2011, LTN had 52 departures and STN had 51. That's a total of 103 departures.

4 years later in August 2015, we are currently looking at 58 departures from LTN, 9 at SEN and only 30 from STN. That totals only 97 but considering probable new routes between now and then, we're looking at pretty much the same. Still poor considering it's 4 years on with a new base, yet no growth what so ever.

Again, on Mondays in August 2011 LPL had 34 departures, in August 2015 there's only 25. MAN for August 2015 will have 23. I'm not sure what MAN was in August 2011, but if it's any more than 13, (which I would've thought it was) then again the combined total is no better off, with again no growth compared to 2011.

I also remember quite well in 2011 when EZY announced the SEN base, that it would help towards their aim for, in the words of Ms Carolyn McCall, "Organic growth". How does any of what is basically outlined above even remotely demonstrate "organic growth"??

Does this company even have a vision and desire to grow anywhere across it's home market any more (other than the obvious place)?