PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone with old NZ VFR charts gathering dust?
Old 20th May 2003, 21:34
SpinSpinSugar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Anyone with old NZ VFR charts gathering dust?

Hi folks,

On the offchance....

Does anyone have old VFR charts (last year or two) for NZ they're willing to send to a chap in the UK (obviously I'm happy to pay postage and some compensation for your trouble)?

I'm trying to get hold of, I guess, the four 1:500,000 topographical charts from Aviation Publishing Ltd. that cover North and South but am having problems with their website... None of the UK/Euro suppliers I've tried seem to stock a similar-scale equivalent.

Am trying to formulate a rough plan for a trip in October-November this year, and will be acquiring current charts in September, when I believe they're published.

Any recommendations of friendly schools around Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch also appreciated. I'm hoping to do some solo trip hire, so if you've any idea on minimum requirements (single engined), good routes or any other advice that'd also be useful. Currently c.160hrs Canadian PPL with night, multi, some previous mountain cross country experience in the USA and Canada. I've noted previous advice from this forum on license conversion issues, cheers!

Thanks for any responses,

SSS