PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin: 2 x RYR in contact during taxi. Both damaged.
Old 10th Oct 2014, 19:04
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
The retro fitting of cameras to wing tips with cockpit display and recorded as well and fitting where ever else required would be a saving v sending to the repair shop.

Mk.1 eyeball out the side window helps as well. If in doubt there is not doubt; so you stop!! You can see the wingtip of a B738 if you look. What is difficult is to see the unlit tail plane of an a/c. I've been following many an a/c at night in a heavily lit airport and apron area. There might be a tiny white pimple on the tail cone, or perhaps not. There are rear shining white lights on the wing tips, but might be nowt on the tail. You have to be aware they are there and then search carefully for the preceding a/c. Modern cars have more lights on their rear ends than a/c. Why? It is easy to get close to a long a/c's tail in the dark. You just have to be careful and vigilant. JFK was a nightmare. It was a convoy of B747/767/757. The wing tip lights are a LONG way in front of the tail and against the lights of the terminal etc. the a/c can be invisible. Take care out there.