PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford PPL training
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2014, 16:58
Adam amriche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much
I just booked a 30 minute flight for the 28th of October and we got into a conversation where she said that because I am still too young i don't need a medical until I am 16 but I can still start my ppl I currently fly G-BFFW and because half term is coming I decided to fly during the week but yeah I will see Dr orton but I won't need to be tested until 16 I am going to stick to one instructor because she in my opinion is a good instructor who also went to EGSG and studied there so she will probably know stapleford well and she said she will be happy to teach the ppl. For me the very first time the door opend G-BTGW it gave me goosebumps but in the cockpit there is not enough space to wave your arms and get scared so I told my instructor to take over control until I closed door I do have a few questions because for my 15th birthday I would really like to start my ppl so I would like to be up to date with everything i need.

1. How often would you recommend I should fly (obviously I can only fly at the weekends because I am still at school but I would like to fly as much as possible)

2.is there any uniform because I don't mind wearing uniforms like I see people with a stapleford jacket that I would like to get my hands on, so far I made a shirt with the stapleford logo and I fly in that but as the cold weather is upon us I need to know what I should wear.

3.what I need to take on board the plane such as maps, kneeboards etc

4.am I aloud to make a video on a camera to keep for memory

And if there is anything else you feel you need to tell me I would welcome that very much

Once again many thanks for the advice and congrats on you ppl

Also my favourite aircraft is g-BFFW like you said it does not have any weird radio sounds nor does it have the door opening every minute I flew the c152 a total 4 times now and the warrior once.
At first flying the cessna was real hard as the control surfaces were quite hard to move with the yoke at 2,000 feet but on the second time I flew the c152 I started getting used to it