PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2014, 16:05
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honiley

In the words of the most excellent P.I.L., (slightly altered) "you could be wrong, you could be right"

I don't think that I am always as "company" as you make out, however having been here for the time that I have I believe that I am more than qualified to make comments that are based on far more experience of the good, the bad and the indifferent than someone who hasn't managed 12 months yet.

Of your descriptive phrases you have me on one of them, but then I think we'd all fall into one of those categories,

Long term Phillip Meeson employee straight from previous career/airforce/ex CHANNEX/never experienced another culture!
Nope, worked for 2 other airlines prior to Jet2, one UK and one European.

Ex Brookfield Ryanair contract
Nope, never been anywhere near them on any contract.

Need a job!
Well I suppose I did, although I was flying for another airline that I left to join Jet2.

Second Officer/Pilot Apprentice!
Nope, joined as an F/O.

I do understand the sim centre is good, probably just as well considering the pilot turnover!
Makes it sound like they are leaving in droves, well of the almost 600 I can think of less than half a dozen that have left over the last year or so. I think that there will be some more move on this winter, but it's nowhere near the exodus that your language would make people believe.

I wonder where those that left that wish to return went to?!?
Emirates & Fly Dubai off the top of my head without thinking very hard at all.

Maybe I do look at it through slightly rose tinted glasses, but it suits me to a tee. I'm home most of the time, I live where I want, the company has consistently paid my salary every month without fail for the last 11 years and I haven't had any inclination that my position has been under any sort of doubt, there's not many airlines that I could have been employed by that could say that in the UK, and that security is worth quite a lot.

As I said quite openly, it's not perfect, but where is these days?