PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Independent instructing under Part 61
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2014, 11:20
aeromatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

The fact there is all this debate and no one on either side of this argument has been able to put up any regulations to support the argument either way is ridiculous. Part 61 is obviously a huge success, onya CASA.

I'm trying to get a c208 endorsement at the moment, the fact the c208 is in some mystical middle ground between automatically being part of the SE class rating and requiring a type rating is causing me a world of hassle.

No one seems to know if instructors can conduct the training independently as they did before 1/9 and instructors who are attached to a 141/142 school have no idea if the c208 needs to be listed on their AOC (seeing as it's now sort of part of the SE class rating). No one I've spoken to has gotten anything definitive out of CASA.

The only thing I know for certain now is that I'm kicking myself for not rushing through it before Sept 1st.

If anyone can help me with any of the above or knows somewhere I can get the endorsement sorted let me know. I can get access to an aircraft on the east or west coast.