PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Short Haul EBA 2014
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2014, 10:46
cloudsurfng

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts
from a management pilot:

Jetstar is not working
A split at board level, some have finally woken up and realised people hate jetstar
Lost too much, QDOM is the profit machine, need to grow (how with a loss of airframes???)
jetstar budgets are good (from their management figures), but the actual costs are significantly higher (to the point where QF is cheaper...mainly due reduced fixed costs because of better aircraft utilisation...anyone seen a 787 flying?...watch this space re HNL)
the A320 on order, some marked to replace JQ aus leased airframes will be sold instead, i.e. a reduction of airframes in JQ aus

JQ slots on traditional 'city flyer' routes to be reduced and replaced by mainline or not replaced at all (no growth or a slight reduction)

Thats about all I can remember........i believe the words were 'a significant rationalisation of JQ routes'

hope that helps...we can all hold on to some hope, right??

Oh yeah, also had some stuff to say re the 717 operation. To be fair, for a variety of reasons, the 737 wasn't right on the routes at some times....

was the best solution at the time
is costing money due consistent delays
the contract can be given, the contract can just as quickly be taken away.....

whilst listening to these 'facts', i was considering that said pilot may just be trying to pass on the koolaid in order to get an EBA vote up....

make of it what you will..

but for me, still an absolutely overwhelming could not be more at this end of the spectrum NO.

Last edited by cloudsurfng; 10th Oct 2014 at 10:58.