PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What does it take to be a Bush Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2014, 10:24
Jawskk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What does it take to be a Bush Pilot?

Hi,

First post here so i am hoping i have selected the right catorgory to post in!

I am currently 17, 18 in under a month, and have always shown an interest in aviation and adventure! I started as many of us have as a hangar rat when i was 12, sweeping hangers and doing odd jobs in exchange for flights which then took me to getting a job at the flying school! I then got to the stage in which i was eager to fly more frequently and when i chose to, i splashed all my savings on a Paramotor ( this being as i could not afford a PPL and the upkeep) not only for the fact it is cheap to run and store, but i felt closest to being a bird and continue to do this now. However! i am now getting to the stage where i need to start making career choices and i am trying to figure out whether being a Pilot is a realistic target for me and whether taking the Bush pilot route is an option! I am going to list some questions below to make it easier and hopefully someone could please answer them

1.) What costs are involved and is it possible to make any money to suvive from it?
2.) Has anyone done it? could you please tell me about your experiences?
3.) does it help to get into commercial?
4.) is it who you know and whether you have rich parents, or can a standard young adventurous but determined individual do it?
5.) Grades! i am currently studying at 6form, but have never excelled in education, i have 8 GCSE'S and a C in english and maths ( not science ) and am struggling through A levels... ?
5.) any others things you would recommend!

Thank you!