PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrest over cabin baggage dispute
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2014, 11:16
bmam7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dead cut

I'm sorry but I think that is a rather arrogant attitude. Were I to fly BNE/SYD on QF this coming Saturday (for example), I have a choice of Red-e-deal ranging from $146 to $295, FlexiSaver at $329 or Fully Flexible at $595.

In other words I could end up IN THE SAME SEAT in economy for either $146 or $595, It's a no brainer.

To go business class I would have to pay between $699 and $999. A thousand dollars for a flight that lasts a bit more than an hour? Great if you are one of those fortunate enough to have your company pay for it but when you pay for all your travel yourself, not so much fun.

I realise those are QF fares and not JQ and conditions are different but the point I'm trying to make is that even if you purchase a more expensive seat you could still be sitting with someone who has paid a fraction of what you paid.

Plus the subject was cabin baggage. Last time I flew there were just as many dickheads in business who were trying to put their bags, esky, golf clubs and and kitchen sink up there. Or the other favourite, fill up the front luggage bays in economy so the precious darlings don't have to drag their bespoke trolleys all the way down the back. Too bad for those actually allocated row 6.

It's become a very selfish attitude on the part of a lot of people who think their time is too important to wait 10 to 15 minutes at a carousel but instead it's "look at me, look at me - I'm someone indispensable to the running of the country/economy and I just have to get the first cab off the rank"!