PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bank log-in once only
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2014, 11:15
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
bank log-in once only

Before going away on holiday I used my shiney new Android tablet to log onto my bank account to see if it could do the necessary for eft payment of bills. It all worked well. At the end of my holiday, when I came to pay for our accommodation, it all failed to work in a most embarrassing way.

Basically, I got onto the log-in screen and entered my user name and then "proceed"ed in the normal way but the response from the bank was a message about "unable to process your request at this time". I don't know if it was an issue at the bank just at the time I tried. This failure to access has persisted on my tablet ever since although I have been able to access my account normally on my desktop Linux Mint machine.

Yesterday I enquired via PM to the bank if this is a known issue and their helpful tech person called me this morning. They think it is an issue with cached data and or pages and they talked me through clearing the cache on the tablet (I did say the tablet was new to me) which didn't help. They then suggested that there may be cached pages in my router (but my desktop machine can log in reliably, several time a day, if required) so that probably isn't it. Unfortunately, they were talking to me on a VOIP phone and rebooting the router lost the phone call (I wasn't thinking when I rebooted, I know that no internet means no phone!) so I lost the contact with them.

While I wait for them to call me back.......... has anyone an insight into this they might share with me?

Tablet is Galaxy Tab S, Android OS and standard "Internet" browser with ABP. As far as I can tell, there has been no updates installed during the time since the successful log-in and now.