PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet DEC Gatwick?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2014, 10:15
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZY is BALPA, but so is MON, so while FOs at EZY might complain to BALPA about direct entry commands, BALPA would also have an obligation to help MON pilots find new jobs. I think you'll find that BALPA will duck the issue completely and say it is a decision for EZY management who they employ and in what position. BALPA is a paper tiger anyway, and has sold out EZY FOs in the past.

As for the selection system, it was always a mess. Let's not pretend that EZY are exceptional. They're generally very good, but they are an extremely arrogant company with just such a culture displayed by a good portion of the crews. Other operators from EZY bases will be quite familiar with the EZY strut, as if they own the airport, and how often they cause go arounds by blocking runways, entering without being ready. That is common, but I hasten to add not uniform - there are still many crew there who do not buy into the whole "orange" claptrap, with a little more self respect than to believe the company propaganda, but the attitude is more widespread there than any other company I have witnessed. Their selection system is just another manifestation of that arrogance.