PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APNG Issues?
Thread: APNG Issues?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2014, 09:16
Flying Bear

Received 44 Likes on 5 Posts
No worries, Dejapoo, no offence taken...

That period was a dark time for me and I struggled to deal with the constant politics and back room games - at the same time as trying to manage my obligations to training and checking and maintaining a high flying load. The decade previous to that I spent in an organisation full of honorable people and I guess that meant I took the integrity of others (ie managers) for granted. Mistakenly...

In retrospect, my coming to their company was because AS was on a CASA direction to divulge himself of the HOTC role. So, why me? I had CAR 217 management experience, sure, but nothing on Dash 8 and I'm sure there were plenty of others to choose from? I reckon they wanted an ignorant, ex-military "yes man", which they soon learnt wasn't me! So, at the first underhanded opportunity, out I go!

Re NB from CASA, after all was done and dusted - I had a good chat with him and I think some things were resolved.

Certainly took me a while to get over it and gain perspective - but from it all I learnt a lot and I hope my colleagues are now the beneficiaries of it.

As for CJ's part in this, his mutual pain / frustration has helped me understand that there were other things in play other than my dynamic.

All the best!