PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PBS Nova documentary on MH370 tonight.
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2014, 08:11
SawMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worth seeing

I'm just SLF but have kept up with this here in depth. Overall it was a good show, keeping in mind that the intended audience was the general public. One of the two 'issues' I had with it were that they implied that it could only have happened via intentional human intervention. While I agree with that line of belief, I also know that a catastrophic electrical fire (which has happened with this type before) is also a distinct possibility and there are others as well. They didn't cover those at all. And they showed the world where the access to the electronics bay is and how to get into it- not smart in today's world where those with evil intent could use the info (even if it is available elsewhere publicly).

What I did like was that the selected people who were giving information were very qualified and well-balanced, seeming to not be prone to jumping to conclusions. The reporting also followed along that line (kudos to NOVA!) The Sim pics showed well just how complex the Pilot's environment is- I doubt that the average person knew that. The Inmarsat tracking was superficial but clear- that one subject alone would take many hours to cover completely so I'll say it was good. It is bound to return as re-runs in the future so if you missed it this time, do watch it later- it's well worth your time.