PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leather flying jackets
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 22:31
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I look at it is this, for most people flying at a weekend its a hobby, look at the way golfers, cyclists, bikers, fishermen, horsey folk etc etc all dress to do their hobbies
Bit thread drift, but on the subject of cyclist who dress up like Lance Armstrong on their fancy racing bikes. When I tour with the aircraft I prefer to stop off for the night at fields with cheap fees which are usually 3 or more miles outside the town and where getting a cab to find you for a ride to the hotel in town is sometimes a nightmare, so I bought a foldable electric bike with wee wheels, which has introduced me to my new favorite pastime.

Specifically, I like to pull up at the stop sign next to those Lance Armstrong wannabees upon starting I let them get a few yards ahead of me then I flip the electric on which is pretty silent especially in traffic and my luggage on the back hides the battery, I then zip past them leisurely pedaling, handlebars in one hand, fag in the other and nonchalantly give a tip of the head to my fellow “cyclist”. The look on their face is priceless thinking “how the f**K can this fat bastard on a shiity little bike with a suitcase on back and smoking a fag dust me on my 5 grand racer” !