PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leather flying jackets
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 22:05
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't bother during the four microseconds that it's warm here in the UK but the rest of the time I wear my deceased best mate's jacket. He bought it not long before he died five years ago so it's hardly if ever been worn before me and his widow, bless her heart gave it to me. It's not a flying jacket, it's just the most supple bomber jacket of (and now worn to the state where even I look good in it) dark brown leather of the highest quality. I know how much it cost and it was just short of a grand, such is the quality and cut of the leather.

I wear it because it is literally like a second skin, it smells absolutely awesome, it is now battered to **** in a Marlon Brando Wild One way and it's my jacket of choice whenever I need to wear a jacket wherever I'm going. I still have my Levi jacket that I bought in 1970 due to the memories it has and no doubt whenever the bomber jacket starts to falll apart it will have pride of place next to the Levi jacket.

Addendum: When I worked in Italy in '92 I bought two pairs of Levi jeans. They don't make them like that anymore and they are still hanging up waiting for me to loose the poundage to get them on. Actually I can get my legs in them. But that's all...

The licence and plane were hard earned and I enjoy using both whilst wearing my jacket, frankly not giving a to$$ what anyone else thinks.

Good luck to anyone else who does the same.
Couldn't agree more sir.