PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CATS vs BGS vs ProPilot - ATPL
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 20:45
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CATS vs BGS vs ProPilot - ATPL

Hello,

I have been doing some digging and reading around some old threads and will of course visit the above providers to make an informed choice. The threads are not as recent hence another posting.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to go down the ATPL route (yet!) but am thinking out loud and due to the glorious British Weather thought it would be wise at this time of the year to cultivate a plan and possibly crack on with ATPL Theory.

I was hoping that the Centre for Civil Aviation at London Metropolitan University was still around but that is defunct as of July 2012.

So I need to find a ATPL Provider...

I prefer to be London based but this might be a challenge unless doing Distance Learning which could take up to 12 Months to complete. I prefer to be immersed full time in the ATPL's as I learn better that way, however work commitments may get in the way... so will need to also consider flexibility as I work away in 2-4 week blocks in Europe from time to time.

Out of CATS, BGS and ProPilot... or other?

I am interested in hearing of any "Current Experiences" of Students who may have used one of the providers over the past 3 months and also how good the material provided is, level of instruction etc.

Obviously a lot depends on "independent study" and "what you put in is what you get out".

My local flying school uses material by ProPilot..so could be a convenient option but the material is taught by the instructors at the School and not ProPilot Instructors. Not sure if this makes a difference or if I have it wrong.. so don't hold me to that!