PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LN F-15 down...
Thread: LN F-15 down...
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 19:15
staplefordheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barnstormer
911truth

Don't wory about other posters mocking you.
I think it brilliant that we live in a free country where you and I are free to say what we want without state reprisal.

It's a shame you might not be recognising that the armed forces who protect us are partly responsible for our freedom and continued use of the a English language, but luckily they continue to protect you and me even if you don't appreciate it.

Excellent put down if I may say

Glad it appears to be just a bit of machinery damage and nothing worse
it did say they would be over this side of the country for a bit this week in the local papers
F-15 Eagles carry out combat training over Stamford - Rutland Times

Two Americanjets are carrying out combat training in the skies above Stamford and Peterborough today (7 October).

The F-15 Eagles from the 493s Fighter Squadron USAF are based at RAF Lakenheath.
They would normally practise their basic fighting manoeuvres over the sea, but due to the poor weather they are instead flying inland.
An RAF spokesman said the planes would be in the area for two to three days and would not be flying below 4,000ft.
The spokesman said the planes may seem lower, but that was due to their size. They have a wingspan of 42ft and are 63ft 9in long.

The F-15s will not be landing at RAF Wittering.