PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - double booking seat selection
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 13:10
KLOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
double booking seat selection

I am a Exec Club member ( modest bronze/ ruby) and on a recent flight chose my seat 7 days in advance. I like 25 F on the 777 ( no one kicking the back). After checking in and waiting in Departure , I was summoned and asked to accept another seat 16 H which is a nice seat with (no one in front). I was told that 25F had been double booked. I was quite ok with switching but I can't believe the reason given. Firstly even if I and someone else were choosing on line exactly contemporaneously, surely the computer can't double allocate. There is only one passenger seat next to 25F, 25E , while 25D is a crew seat. I reckon the person allocated 25E was separated from a partner and they requested to to be seated together. The clue is in the fact that nothing was menionedt to me at check in.
I have seen quite a few instances of people who wait until check-in and are then separated asking others who often have either paid in advance or have Ex Club status to accommodate them. On the flight , I took a stroll along the aisle and it was obvious that the people in 25 were a couple.
Can a 'Techie' out there confirm that it is not possible to double select a seat

Thanks