PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford PPL training
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 12:03
proudprivate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disregard the receptionists because that is all that they are. The attitude described is not unique to SFC. It's pretty common in flight schools generally.
I'm sorry but I disagree. I went straight to Southend after just one SFC reception experience and I didn't need a lesson in female behavioural psychology or an acting class to make that decision. Never regretted it.

Just now, I spent a week at a flying school in the US, where male and female receptionists alike treated me as a valued customer, pointed out discount opportunities, and were diligent with appointments and schedules.

By contrast, old (but usually well maintained) aircraft ARE pretty common in flight schools generally. It is not a bad idea to go over the logs with your instructor at a relatively early stage and make notes in your POH external preflight checklist about everything you suspect is an anomaly (and ask questions about everything you don't understand). That way you are sure to fly an airworthy airplane. Also, it gives you a grasp on how quickly the maintenance shop reacts to items you flag to them.