PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverness Airspace Consultation
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2014, 10:18
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinky is still over on the west coast I think.

That bit of airspace being class E+ won't save anyone any fuel.

Personally I would push for it to be E at weekends or none existing.

http://ripassetseu.s3.amazonaws.com/...2014_Issue.pdf

your biggest problem is going to be when they don't want to man the radar and operate in procedural mode.

Personally I think all these CAS applications will be approved and trying to stop them is flogging a dead horse. You would be better working with the fact its going to happen but get things changed to lessen the blow.

The change to ATSOCAS has basically made it impossible for regional airports to operate without CAS with commercial routes into them. And CAS is just another way for authorities to extract income from fresh air.

Actually the more radical solution would be to get the route changed so instead of GLA- INV it actually is Angus -> INV or a direct radial from TLA to INV its what 99% of the traffic wants to do anyway going up there.

Fire it into a route planner and get the difference in track miles between TLA-> FOYLE ->INV and TLA -> INV.

The airlines would be good for the change as well, it would save thousands of tons of fuel per year. Make the savings from getting Class D at INV look like a piss in the moray firth.

It would only effect the Belfast City route negatively.

Then your class E+ would be further east and I presume not a big pain in the bum if it comes in over Cairngorm your going to have a chunk of it somewhere just where it will be the least pain in the backside.