PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best trto for Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 22:19
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then I declare you Jean as a big idiot who is part of ruining his own position but most importantly for your colleagues.

Here in Germany my colleagues in the cockpit hate Germania and have NO respect for the guys who paid to fly. They actually disgrace them. 47K. Do you have any idea how much money that is? I saw numbers of 60K for their programs.

Id rather be jobless then that I take someone elses job and let that person losing his job , maybe his marriage. Bringing home situation in trouble, then that I have to pay.

If you work for an company, you bring revenue. Without YOU they CANNOT fly. No flying is no income.
As an appreciation they suppose to pay you a proper salary + plus sector pay or whatsoever, like every NORMAL company would do.

Myself I work hard also. Give 200% every day as an FA. And hopefully that will bring me soon a job as FO. And guess what. I will NOT have to pay for my TR. And the contracts are pretty good. Aswell the secondairy conditions.

Also many Ramp Agents and Flight Attendants are hired and start their training soon for their TR.
In Germany they appreciate this way of coming into the RHS. Much more then those s who take the shortcut by doing those P2F.

And Ryan Air aint P2F. You really have to learn the difference.
Ryan air you pay indeed 28K for TR + BT + LC. But you really have to screw it up a lot to not make it. That doesnt say that because of particular situations you could fail. But normally you would get through it. Then afterwords you have pretty ok Salary.

Anyhow. More and more airlines start to do something against P2F by raising min hrs on type from 500 to 550. Its a small difference, but that is exactly the thing what cut out all those s who did this disgraceful P2F programs.

Seriously. I could write a book about my disgrace and my hattriot for these kind of things, but now I have to stop. I will go to sleep.

Ow and an EDIT:
- It maybe looks nice at the end of such a program that you have 500 Hrs On type, but in most of those programs you will not fly the plane. Usually you are sitting in RHS to do paperwork and being a radio operator. And if you are lucky, you may operate flaps and landing gear.
Also many programs are in countries where CRM is NOT existing and are in blacklisted airlines. You should shut up and do what the captain tells you to do, namely operating MAYBE flaps and landing gear. Telling him in unstable approach to abort approach and go around is OUT OF THE QUESTION. Risk of this is crashing, and dying. Also maintenance in such airlines is not optimal.

Myself I had an option in some country I would rather not live because of above mentioned things. Many pilots there fly approx 110 hrs a month. Sorry, but that is suicide.
Besides. If you have flown in blacklisted airline, it is almost impossible to get back to civilized world to get proper pilot job in for example Europe. No way to built normal family life.

Think about it.

Last edited by P40Warhawk; 7th Oct 2014 at 22:41.