PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leather flying jackets
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 20:19
Baikonour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who wear what they like and don't give a s**t about what everyone else thinks may display poor taste, but at least they're not knobs.

Ah fine, but that sort of meta-level thinking is totally lost on anybody but the wearer. I mean how does anybody else know the difference between "I'm wearing this to conform to some image of a pilot I want to fantasize about", on the on hand, and "I'm wearing this cos I like it, and screw you"?

Surely if you don't care what other people think, then... err.. you don't care what other people think.
Yes it's lost on everybody else, but that's the whole point.

Really, don't do it - you will be misunderstood and it won't turn out well...

What is the worst that could happen? That some people think the OP has made a poor choice of clothing? People who judge you solely on your choice of clothing really are exactly the people you really do not care about.

Now, if the argument went like: "in a closed cockpit in a modern plane, they will probably be too warm, and the thick lambswool lining make them cumbersome and may impede your movement" then at least that's an argument.

Step Turn's response is the most sensible - if they ask for advice on an internet forum they probably do care what other people think. But that will not stop me from showing him (or her) the error of his (or her) ways. Stand up for what you believe in and sod everyone else.

Nothing is more impressive (sexy, if you want) than someone who carries off what may be questionable clothing by the power/charisma of their personality You make your clothes - they do not make you

B. (happy and comfortable with my own weirdness)