PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 19:38
MightyGem

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts
Just trying to work out how the numbers add up.
Likewise.

Firstly, how can they say that the Costs/Hours Flown are for the year when Dorset Police and the Western Counties ASU Forces didn't join until July and the Central Region Forces didn't join until October?

The Force Contribution numbers differ in places from what individual Forces told me under my FOI questions. However, my question covered the current Financial Year rather than 2013-2014. Also, some Forces appeared to include the Capital Contribution, and some appeared not too.

The agreed number of flying hours differ in some cases as well, by 100% in some Forces. But, again, my hours are for this year, so I guess I'll need to wait until next years report to compare them.

In a time of increasingly scarce resources the principle of borderless tasking has produced the 10% efficiency saving anticipated in flying hours.
Hmm...I think we probably all agree that that is because of Bobbies not bothering to call for an aircraft.

Removal of Norfolk aircraft - (Saving) £670,000 per annum
Don't quite understand how they can say that. Air Support cost Norfolk £400,000 before joining NPAS and they are now paying £499,575. Where is the saving?

Closure of Henlow, Odiham and Shoreham bases - (Saving) £1.9m in 2012/13; £3.8m in subsequent years
Thames Valley, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Forces were paying £2.5 million for Chiltern ASU prior to NPAS which would surely have included the costs for running Henlow? Those three forcers are now paying £2.6 million. Again where is the saving.

Ditto for Odiham and Shoreham as Surrey and Sussex are still paying for air support.