PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello and Headsets
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 18:40
WhirlyWopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello and Headsets

Greetings!

A little about myself: I am a current PPL(A) holder and have long aspired to a career in aviation. I decided about a year ago that I would make a go of it in Commercial Helicopter land, but haven't really done a whole lot about it since. More recently, I found a local instructor and went for a bash in his H269 and loved every moment. I've since decided to stop willy dallying and actually go for it!

Subsequently, I start my PPL(H) the weekend after next. Now, most of my equipment (charts, kneeboard, whizzwheel etc.) are all fine, however the question has been raised about Headsets. My current headset has GA fixed wing adaptors and is about 7 years old - it's not 'broken' by any stretch, but I can't help but feel it might be about time to take the plunge and get a new one. Before I do, considering that mine is still usable, has anyone any experience using adaptors to convert GA fixed wing to a Nato connection - is there any notable loss in quality? Is my excessively long and excessively straight cable likely to get in the way? If I do decide to get a new headset, has anyone any recommendations?

Ta in advance!
Whirly