PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest Flight schools?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 15:17
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my own experience:

I did my Integrated training in Lithuania. I hold now an EASA F ATPL + MCC.
Training there is pretty good. I am talking about Baltic Aviation Academy.
There are many video's on youtube from this school.

They use Bristol Ground School for ATPL Theory. Have 9 Tecnam P2002JF's. The Oldest one is 2,5 yrs old.

Then 1 C172SP with Garmin 1000, but I think they leased another one this year. Is only 8 yrs old.

Then 1 Multi Engine Tecnam P2006T.

1 2 year old FNPTII for SEP IR and MEP IR.

1 A320 Level D FFS + B737CL Level D FFS . At the Boeing you will do the MCC.

All in all nice fleet, and nice to learn to fly with. And at the end of the line , they use not so much fuel. Which is also one of the reasons why they can offer a better price.

Then the living expenses are extremely low. So also there you save quiet some money.

Training costs are around 55K Euro. Say 10 K for living expenses. So you end up with like 65-70K Euro.

After training they do not give a damn about you. They will NOT help you to get a job. Unless you are willing to pay a load of money on one of their P2F programs, which I suggest you NOT to step into. They are namely also an TRTO. So an ATO incl. Type Rating Training Centre.

During the training if you are not happy with something, then you SHOULD speak up to management. They Will NOT like that because they expect you to be a schoolboy or girl. And you HAVE to listen only to them. I am here not talking about Lectures. Lectures are good and training itself is also good with experienced instructors.

In general. I am happy that I did my training there. Had a great time there. Met also there my Future Wife .

So I would say, contact them. Make an appointment , and go there. You will not regret it.

After training, there are other ways to get FO job.
Myself I am now FA in an German Airline. Nothing is guaranteed , but I maybe get my shot here maybe pretty soon since. Then I also DONT have to pay for my TR.

Good luck with making decisions.