PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai to Quito, Ecuador
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 13:58
SpringHeeledJack

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
In the air - Aircraft have dated interiors and cabin service is slow, very slow. It made me laugh on the LON - MAD section of my trip, I was asked by the cabin crew if I wanted anything from the bar cart as the seatbelt signs were on for landing at Madrid !! I declined as how the hell was I supposed to drink and store the glass when we had already been told to lock tray tables and store all loose items ??!! It had taken them over 2 hours to actually get to our row. Long Haul again is slow (not such an issue on a long flight), Food is dreadful (be prepared to eat before the flight or bring something along). You will be treated by the Cabin Crew like you are an interruption to their day, expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.
Whether it is the famed Spanish truculence or that when in the employ of Iberia it was a job for life and therefore no need to serve the customers literally and figuratively, they just seemed particularly good at NOT doing their jobs as if!!!! Oh well, modern standards and or economic reality are knocking on their doors