PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankstown Airport – Desperately Sad
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 10:55
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumpnut,

a bit if deja vu, all them that complained about aircraft noise at Hoxton Park and celebrated its closure and sale now have a 24 seven truck depot. YAH!
Good onya truckers hammer them airbrakes!! few air horns as well.
Bk is pretty well run by Toll, eventually it'll go the same way.

Kitty,

no you really don't want to know...pity Marion street aint a taxi way, industrial off airport is way cheaper.

Dick,
one question I would like asked is, how come I can buy Jet A1 at Mascot for $1:05 a Litre, yet at BK its $185 a litre, about the same as at Bourke?? Wouldn't be retail price maintenance would it? and there I was believing that was illegal.

But for Mascots insane costs it would be cheaper to fly to Sydney to refuel for BK jet operators.

Always wondered why the big end of town with their heavy metal, given the costs of parking, restrictions on operations with slots etc, why they don't fly out of BK.....wouldn't be the fuel cost would it??

A few years back, I flew my boss to Sydney in his BBJ. Flight started in Paris, ended with stops enroute in Sydney. Costs from Paris to O/head Port Headland about half of Port Headland to Sydney. Parking at YSSY double that of Heathrow.

Needless to say he was pissed off, felt like he'd been cheated and vowed never to come to Australia again, to my knowledge he never has.

This guy would spend 30 million on half a dozen horses in the USA.

I really was embarrassed as an Australian.

Have you seen how VIP's are treated here?? They arrive in their 50 million VIP jet, and do our Customs come to the aircraft???

Not on your Nellie.

Park at the international terminal (Big Bill) walk your Passengers in the pouring rain, or stinking heat across the tarmac, dodging baggage trains etc. Clamber through the bowels of the terminal basement, to be confronted by some surely Customs bitch apparently suffering from severe PMS, because politeness aint in her vocabulary, just to get an anointing stamp in the passport.
Retrace your steps and finally restart and wend your way to the VIP terminal to blessed relief.

Dick, you've seen how the rest of the world does it, its a national disgrace!

Last edited by thorn bird; 7th Oct 2014 at 12:18.