PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France pilots strike
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 10:21
Pander216

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iansolo:

HeavyAirbourne,

We have quite the same numbers here in AF. What we are told is those 2% are eventually the profit .... no comment.

As for the strike, negociations went on late last night with little result:
- Transavia Europe project is burried
- We are still negociating better contract for Transavia France

Thank you for your support, it helps because it's hard

If only KLM guys could back us up. (In fact they are, but not in the french way :-) )
Hai Iansolo,

I am a KLM pilot and a lot of things are unclear here in the Netherlands.

Could you please specify the next two points?

1) "We are still negociating better contract for Transavia France"

- Could you specify what terms and conditions you want to see improved at Transavia France? I what way does that reflect the agreements made in the Pilots Protocol in 2007?

2) "If only KLM guys could back us up. (In fact they are, but not in the french way :-"

- How would you like us to back you up? Strike as well? In KLM 98% percent of the pilots are represented by the VNV. An call out for a strike would mean entire KLM would be grounded for two weaks i.s.o only 40-60% of AF pilots represented by SPNL resulting in an immediate bankrupt of AF-KL. As much I support our labour agreements, the Dutch pilots (in general) do not want to destroy the company. That is why we always hesitate to strike because we are thoroughly aware of the consequences on the short- and long term.

Furthermore, in Holland we have a culture called "polderen". Meaning that we always try to reach agreements by meeting in the middle. Both parties will give in to reach a result that both parties can be satisfied about.

Those two cultural aspects are the reason we were not able to strike on such a short notice.