PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai to Quito, Ecuador
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2014, 10:01
BHX_SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iberia - AVOID !

Just to add my 2 cents on the Iberia experience .... I would avoid if you can.

Reliability of actually getting to your final destination on original itinerary WITH luggage - Low.
I had the (dis)pleasure of staying overnight in one of Iberia's transit hotels at MAD after a missed connection - it was like a transit camp, some people had been there many days trying to get to their destination after missed connections. When our travelling group eventually arrived at our final destination (24 hours later than itinerary), did everyone have their luggage ? Of course not. I have heard many tales of luggage not making it with Iberia.

This is a key one for me - The ability to help if anything goes wrong - Appreciating that things can go wrong with any airlines operation, I have seen service recovery at some airlines really make me think very highly of them and in fact recommend them for future travel. At Iberia, they just don't care, shrug of the shoulders, take or leave it. They have NO customer service culture and are lazy.

In the air - Aircraft have dated interiors and cabin service is slow, very slow. It made me laugh on the LON - MAD section of my trip, I was asked by the cabin crew if I wanted anything from the bar cart as the seatbelt signs were on for landing at Madrid !! I declined as how the hell was I supposed to drink and store the glass when we had already been told to lock tray tables and store all loose items ??!! It had taken them over 2 hours to actually get to our row. Long Haul again is slow (not such an issue on a long flight), Food is dreadful (be prepared to eat before the flight or bring something along). You will be treated by the Cabin Crew like you are an interruption to their day, expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

Good luck on planning your itinerary.

Last edited by BHX_SLF; 7th Oct 2014 at 18:58. Reason: Small typo/spelling error