PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL In Central Scotland in October/November??
Old 7th Oct 2014, 08:58
Amblikai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prestwick Flying Club would do its best (who I fly with) but they don't have any full time instructors. However they are (I suggest) the most experienced, including an ex RAF test pilot and a current BA captain. Worth having a chat to see what's possible. If you can get instructor availability you wont be disappointed! Don't be put off if you can't get someone on the phone - it is a club rather than a profit making school but voice messages are checked (and a phone back will depend on BA shift patterns). There is good availability with our "new" Robin which I enjoy flying.

A perhaps better bet would be Prestwick Flight Centre who have (I believe) one full time and a number of part time instructors.
I've actually had a few lessons over the years (long since expired) at Prestwick. I grew up in Ayr so it's an easy location for me too.

I had no idea that the flight centre and the flying club were separate entities. I assumed the flight centre was kind of the commercial front of the flying club or something!
I'll definitely give them a call! Thanks!