PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2014, 20:48
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
OK465, thank you for providing some answers to my questions.

OK465
From the simulations I've seen, it appears that the pitch gains are permanently fixed for 330 KIAS regardless of whether the speeds become valid again or not,
If the fixed gains are for 330 KIAS and the jet is in a low speed situation, then the resulting flight control deflections would be minimal in relation to that if the gains would be set for the actual slower speed. Did i get that right? In consequence, the aircraft would maintain its agility in the roll channel (roll direct) and would be slow to react on pitch inputs. In the sequence of events the preset gains for 330 KIAs were close to the initial speed, thus pitch command sensibility was close to mormal, and then decresed with decreasing airspeed.

OK465
I'm completely out of the business now, but with respect to all this discussion of simulator post stall behavior and subsequent recovery in a simulator, the last communication I read from a noted sim manufacturer stated that beyond a relatively early point in the sequence, as opposed to 'flying', one is simply operating a high dollar video game.
That part made my day! Hope, Dozy reads it as well.