PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tesco's new G550 Registration
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2014, 17:24
Citationlover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tesco Gulfstream

hi to all,
have been reading this thread with interest as im both a tesco worker and a fan of all things that fly.

the previous CEO purchased the gulfstream i believe with the intention of it being based in the far east as this was his big dream to break the chinese market so from that point of view the jet probably would have been justified

the new boss has told the people with the purse strings to sell the jet and i believe is happy to take a loss of the deal.

as for the rest of the fleet , i dont know which aircraft they operate but im told there isnt a lot of value in them

they are still using netjets to get around the UK and Ireland and into various locations in europe.

from a personal point of view i dont have a problem with companies owing private jets anymore than owing a fleet of limos to drive the top boys round,
as tesco are still a very profitable company who in turn employ over 300,000 people in the UK alone, but have to agree that it is one PR disaster after another at the moment with maybe more to come