PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin... A bit of goss...
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2003, 07:34
High Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hottie,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm thinken I know who you r... pm me. Also great advice but lets take a looks see at reality... For some reason all people want to do is have a go at each other. Personally over the years I have had things stolen, vandalised etc and what for really??? You no what its now nearly been 8 years???

Your para :- BEST DESCRIPTION I HAVE READ.

Where am I getting at with all the above ? Simple - never lose sight of the BIG PICTURE. We are all VERY lucky to be members of an industry we are so passionate about. Let's remain professional about who/what we are and put all 'bad' things behind us. DARWIN IS A GREAT PLACE where many dreams are made of - my past experiences and friendships with great aviation folk has been what's assisted in further enhancing my motivation towards achieving my dream.

On the note of that fabulous cricket day... Credit where credit is due. The Big Fella put together the airport side, alcohol put together the names and I think alcohol put together the day. Must say the look on the scarenorth faces when the NAC ute with 12 Blackened Pakistanis/Sri Lankans/Indians in the back was... PRICELESS... I have photies here somewhere. Then there was Canos very small streak... The scooter... oh dear what a day.

Its funny the Darwin days have gradually declined since the days of the Tute... Friday nights engineers, pilots, res staff, hosties, everyone all getting p*ssed very cheaply, running amok and putting everything behind for a good time. Now them dere dose were the days...