PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The vital importance of high altitude stall recovery training in simulators
Old 6th Oct 2014, 03:19
misd-agin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
The manufacturers say the current simulators DO NOT model the characteristics of the actual aircraft in high altitude stall conditions. Simply not true. The TDMs state that their FSTDs will meet approved data, no more, no less.

The issue is that the major airframe manufacturers are reluctant to either release or produce the required data for the TDMs to model.

"Simply not true"? So if the airframe manufacturers don't release, or produce the data, exactly what data are the simulator manufacturers using to generate their simulation model?

Since you state that my statement is "simply not true" what Airbus or Boeing a/c have actual, and accurate, simulator modeling for post stall flight characteristics and which simulators can provide that training?

AW&ST has had several articles on this subject of high altitude upset in the last two years. That is the source I'm using. Interested readers could review those articles to find out what the simulators can and can't replicate. The articles discuss how Boeing and Airbus test pilots have agree to a generic software model that does a reasonable job replicating the flight characteristics of a generic n/b aircraft in the post stall regime.

Last edited by misd-agin; 6th Oct 2014 at 03:21. Reason: added "That is the source I'm using."