PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About time - Air Services
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2014, 00:10
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
Where are the threads where people are complaining about this kraviator?
I must remember that should I ever be charged with rape. "She didn't complain Your Honour, so it must be okay"... Just because there aren't any complaints doesn't make it alright and I'm sure I've read commentary before about the public availability of the register, and the resistance to opening the RAAus database to the public.

In terms of "one persons opinion," mine has been in there for the last 13 years perhaps and nobody has skimmed my bank accounts and trust funds. The register is a great way to get in touch with commercial operators.
So if I register my RV and a 172 in my business name as you suggest, I can expect you - or other pilots - to contact me? I don't think that was what was envisaged when the decision to publicise the database was made.

If you don't want private details made available, simply register in a company name like everyone else that has done the same. At least airport operators have somewhere to send a bill to.
They do now - RAAus. I'd happily pay an extra $5/10 on top of my registration or membership to allow RAAus to employ an extra person to exclusively handle these queries if it means my details remain confidential. And let's face it, there aren't going to be that many bills so this person can be usefully employed in other admin roles too.

As for complaints, perhaps you would care to explain why it is NSW has legislation explicitly preventing private carparks from accessing the vehicle registration database if there is "no issue"?