PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2014, 09:59
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ineedthefull90

I think the negative forward guidance for FY15 is probably less negative now than at the time they (Dart Group) provided it. The economy is recovering at a faster rate than first thought, that will eventually filter north, fuel price futures for 2015 are way down and for a fuel hungry ageing fleet that is helpful. They have invested heavily in a new sim centre near Bradford which will cut their travel, hotel and duty time costs considerably v doing the same stuff in LGW

They will also gain from Monarch's withdrawal from EMA and reduced pricing pressure at LBA v Monarch.

They continue to manage the seasonality of their bookings by using % contracts, contractors and wet lease of peak summer capacity, i think they have both wide body and narrow body airbuses in over next summer plus additional 757

Tech issues, delays and associated bad press will continue of the back of Jurassic classics.

I don't have a feel for how it will pan out for Monarch, but its going to be hard work morphing from one segment to another but the rise in airline valuations this past couple of weeks must encourage the investors of a chance of a return and their risk exposures seems limited given the assets that they will acquire probably exceed their investment and i agree with others that MAEL will likely be sold