PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2014, 09:21
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny 42C,

Like all here, I find myself dismayed at your departure from 'regular service'. For some time now, I have voluntarily dedicated a portion of my day to learning about how the RAF worked before my time of service. And I have learned. For that, I thank all our senior contributors, both present, and posted 'upstairs'.

Your natural skill in descriptive writing that put me in the same room, cockpit, or even Married Quarter, at the same time as yourself is, in my humble opinion, a gift to be treasured. And I would also like to hear about the inner workings of HMCE.

I would like to take this opportunity to say "Thank you". Thank you for deciding to share your life and memories with us. Thank you for teaching me more about the inner workings, including the 'black arts', of ATC, than I would have otherwise known. Thank you for taking me flying with you in the VV. Thank you for taking me for a drive in cars I haven't seen for many years.

And perhaps most importantly, thank you for your service. You and your generation, by virtue of your deeds, have given me the life I know and have. I wish I could express my gratitude in ways and words that were more meaningful. But I can't. So, THANK YOU.

Camlobe