PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military exercise operation photoflash
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2014, 10:42
paulilf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Military exercise operation photoflash

This is my second post on the forum and I will say from the start that I am not from any sort of aviation back ground. My reason for putting out this question is because a book has recently been published called the [The Berwyn Mountains Incident: Revealed] I have read lots on the internet about this book and have to say most of it has been adverse to the events suggested.
The key parts holding the story together centre around a military exercise that was alleged to have taken place on 23rd January 1974 around the Liverpool bay area and the north wales coast line. The book uses an an official looking MCA letter as proof. The letter states that an operation called photoflash took place on the night in question and goes on the say that at least 10 aircraft would be taking part and that there could be up to 80 flashes around the north wales coast line.
I would be interested to know if anyone reading this has any memories of this alleged event.
The book tells a story of ufos been flushed out from beneath the sea by use of photoflash bombs. The ufo side of the story is of little interest to me, however I would be interested to know if the photoflash exercise did take place.
Regards Paul