PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 4th Oct 2014, 09:30
Dougie M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wizard of Oz

Further to the Aussie saga above. When the decision was made to go to Richmond with our leaky seal there was much rejoicing from the front end because the weekend beckoned and a prop pull and seal change would have kept us in Sydney for at least 3 days, or even "munce" as one Co put it. We had 3 of them. Even our lovely lady Eng. was making plans to go to Bondi for some mussels or at least I think it was that. Imagine our surprise and delight when Smudge and TT arrived back at the Hyatt in Kingsgate to announce that Albert was "fixed". Wow! we said....so soon?
I have to admit a grudging acknowledgement of some fine recovery work and dedication to the task. It's a bloody shame that they were so good at their job. The voyage still had some spectacular events including the Loadie being seduced by the hotel receptionist in Fannie Bay. when his rear end was covered in mossie bites.
Smudge, I may have maligned TT about Brunei. It was an SVC who was snagged by F**ies daughter so it may not be the same trip. Too many hours (14K) Albert time tends to blend the events. I must write my memoirs.
Dougie