PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Costs Schedule 5 v.s. Manufacturer Maintenance Schedules etc.
Old 4th Oct 2014, 01:13
Eddie Dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Chief Engineer tells me it is the CAR30 organisation that is responsible for the aircraft being released with ALL due maintenance carried out.
The Service Bullitens that I have seen are mandatory, recomended or customer convenience. The mandatory ones are carried out without reference from CASA of other regulator.
CASA Schedule 5, part 2 is the minimum maintenance required for issue of the MR.
I had a look at one of the helicopter Log Book Statements, which could be likened to the Aircraft Maintenance Program of larger machines, it lists OEM schedules, Schedule 5 for EIR,as well as components hard landing etc etc.
CAR 41 1 states that components are to be included in maintenance schedule
41 Maintenance schedule and maintenance instructions
(1) The holder of the certificate of registration for a class B aircraft must ensure that all maintenance required to be carried out on the aircraft (including any aircraft components from time to time included in or fitted to the aircraft) by the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is carried out when required by that schedule.
Penalty: 50 penalty units.
(2) A person must not use a class B aircraft in an operation if there is
not a maintenance schedule for the aircraft that includes provision
for the maintenance of all aircraft components from time to time
included in, or fitted to, the aircraft.
To answer the OP question, my first inspection by my maintenece org was a little expensive, but after that I have paid about 3,000 per 100 hourly for cessna 206

Last edited by Eddie Dean; 4th Oct 2014 at 01:52.