PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 22:40
chickenlover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the pics posted by A340YY - The 2 low level shots were taken by a friend of mine who lives in the Lakes area, which means they were almost certainly taken at Dunmail Raise, his usual haunt. He was a wildlife enthusiast who was self-teaching photography when one day we clattered past below him. Grumpy that we'd spoiled his shot, he pointed the camera at us and captured one of my favourite photographs of me flying at low level. Being a top bloke, when he got the picture developed, he enlarged it and sent it to the CRO at Lyneham Field. It eventually found me and we've been in touch ever since. I got to take him flying on one of my last trips with the RAF, the formation with 5 Spitfires.

The air to air one, I believe was during the 'official shoot' with Pickers in the lead, that produced some of the best air to air shots of the Herc at that time. I've got copies of the official snaps which I can post if anyone is interested. Similarly, I've got 2 albums full of Adrian's photos from Dunmail Raise if there is an appetite for those ?
Dougie M - I've got some pics from our Charleston escapade I can post if you like