PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 18:03
McTeir396

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAA Scotland had its powers devolved to the airports in or around 2007 (gradual process) which most of the decisions being made by the local EDI team for years before the CC was even considered as a serious threat to BAA's future. I know my job was transferred. BAA Scotland remained the head office due to business legalities under Scottish law with around 10 staff after that date.

I know its hard to swallow Joe Curry but you know very little it appears about how EDI got to where it is today and as I stated in my previous post even GIP have published BAA's investment compared to their intentions for the next decade. Simply good luck to GIP as I worked hard like many people to help EDI grow and develop what is EDI today and I take exception at people who "think they know" EDI's history and in the course of pushing their own personal agenda do not credit BAA for making EDI Scotlands busiest airport as well as giving it the most modern terminal in Scotland at the point of sale. Its also worth noting for your information that the CC report clearly stated "that both BAA central belt airports are exceptionally well managed" and "have a large degree of independence to develop infrastructure and routes".

So regardless of their final decision lets not allow stories or lies stand in the way of the truth that it was in fact BAA who made EDI number one not GIP and indeed BAA have invested more time, effort and cash into EDI that GIP.

It does appear that GIP are likely to spend £260m less on infrastructure than BAA had assigned to EDI over the next decade and thats not cricket when the idea of the break up of BAA was to reduce prices to passengers and to provide better facilities. Well that cant happen if your not spending on infrastructure.