PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best trto for Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 16:08
Jean-Francois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fully agree with Lopki... It is up to you to succeed! When did you do your training if I may ask.

I did the training few months ago and I did not have the opportunity for the summer period. Next hiring period is in January so I hope to get something...

There is of course the P2F option.

Everyone is asking 'does it change something to get a TR?' For me this question is half relevant... Few years ago was it an advantage to be a FI? Some people would say yes but nowadays I am afraid that to be an FI with 1000hrs of instruction does not help you to get a job with an airline (jet fleet). So does it change something to get a TR today maybe yes... Or I am already too late as more and more people have a TR! The future will tell me if my choice was smart or not!
If there will be a job at the end of the training you will probably queue to start a TR knowing you will be hired somewhere!

Wizz is expanding but does not take cadet non rated and even rated ones low/no hours don't get a job! Still need to show 500hrs on type... Again the same question 'how to get experience on the bus if there is no one to give the opportunity to do so' that is why the self funding program is still one of the most popular options!