PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which FTO for best employment stats?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2014, 05:33
byrondaf

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm still in the NZ phase with CTC and I can't recommend them enough. It's a great experience out here and they get you into the mindset of being a pilot.

CTC are reasonably strict in terms of uniform, timekeeping and things like that, but it's more about just being adult about things and remembering that it's ultimately your responsibility to complete your training to the best of your ability. Also things like not drinking the night before a flight etc are common sense, but some people seem to think it's the FTO's responsibility to keep you on track. You'll get out what you put in.

If you work hard and strive to pass your ATPL's, CPL and IR first time, then you will undoubtedly be placed with an airline within a few months after the AQC. If you have a sense of entitlement or don't put in the effort, then it doesn't matter which FTO you choose, you won't make it. It's all about what choices you make.

Of course employment is going to be your number one concern, so having family friends that went through CTC and seeing them placed with airlines within 3-4 months, for me it was a no-brainer. Both were placed with Easyjet, one finished his training in April just gone and started his type rating beginning of September. use that info how you want.

Best of luck.