PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How likely is a job with an airline going to be, if I already have the license?
Old 2nd Oct 2014, 19:49
Gordon49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How likely is a job with an airline going to be, if I already have the license?

Am hoping someone who has possibly gone through the same thing could shed some light for me; I'm at the point of needing to make a decision of how I'm going to achieve my hope of becoming a pilot for a living. I have been flying on FSX for many years, so without wishing to be arrogant, I have good knowledge of aviation and have a "passion" for it. (I'm in final two years of "school", and so am required to be making decisions about what I'm going to be doing next - further education and university - which I may well not need to go to of course etc), and I was wondering; if I pay the very high cost, that my parents are willing to fund, of getting the license and training independently from applying, and being very unlikely to succeed in doing so, for an airline's academy, how likely is a job with an airline being guaranteed at the end going to be in the event that I already have the needed qualifications as a result of attending school, as opposed to being guaranteed employment by the airline at the end of an internal training scheme? Many thanks!