PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2014, 03:06
Soteria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albo's Great White Elephant - A trip down memory lane for Ziggy

Ziggy chick, I agree, the relationship between Sharp and government is disgusting, and 'interesting'.
As for the almost impossible task of closing out a handful of NCN's in a handful of days, well it defies belief and is simply not possible. CASA will not/do not act that fast, I can assure you of this. It would never occur in a day or two of receiving an operators response. It simply does not happen, ever. The Inspector/Team Leader has to, at a minimum, review the operator response, share this with his audit team, discuss, then agree to close it out and pass that closure recommendation on to his Field Office Manager or equivalent, for approval. It all has to be 'trimmed', an admin officer drafts up a letter of response to the operator and then that letter is signed at a high level in CASA prior to being sent to the operator! All this in perhaps 2 to 3 days????? Yeah right. I think the Royal Commission should start now!

Also Ziggy, here is the link to Albo's famous Great White Elephant 2009, the collectors addition. To save you from boredom and being nauseated just skip to Page 87-88, the section 'Air Operators Liabilty Insurance'. The Governments weasel like wording and dribble is truly infuriating and pathetic. Not surprisingly people such as yourself cop the pineapple while the government, the airline, and the insurer are protected.

WARNING! This policy contains no real actions, no substance, no commitments and no value. It does however contain pages of pretty pictures, lots of colours and fancy photography - a hit with preschoolers and public servants;

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/av...aper_final.pdf

Footnote: This 'paper', once printed, makes for a very hardy, robust and soft toilet paper. Especially after one has read the Great White Paper back to front and is feeling ill, or one has a damaged rectum from repetitive CASA pineapples!