PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Joy in Zurich
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2003, 19:32
ZRH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Land ASAP
Fortunately I work on the ACC side of things and cant be blamed for making you go around. I will readilly admit though that we have a number of pr1cks working in our company who think they are GOD and you will comply at all cost, no matter how ridiculous it might be. I have worked at several ATC providers and you have them same type of folks at every company. Same in your airline I suppose. But, we also have some really super guys who try hard to provide a good service, give the best routing they can and try and get you to the requested cruising level.
As far as rwy28 is concerned. Its use is frustrating for us too. Much more work on our side having to bring all traffic on a right-handed approach while the departing tfc climbes out south of extended centerline rwy28. No matter if they departed from rwy16/32/34!! As I mentioned earlier, there will be delays when rwy28 is in use as the Approach fellows have to use a bigger spacing between landing aircraft of 5nm whereas they only need 3nm on rwy14.
The politicians make the rules and we are forced to abide....