PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA IREX Theory Course MB/EN
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2014, 20:52
Ramjet555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What we have is a generation of pilots born with silver spoons protruding from their rear ends and who expect to be told the answers to questions rather than learning the material so that they understand it and can recall it in the future.

I used to teach the ATPL subjects in Australia and made practice exams that would get me suggestions that I had some inside information as to the content of each exam.

Back in those days, I found the examiners predictable as to their cycle of questions.

The IREX exam, compared to the ATPL NAV exam is a very easy exam.

The material is clearly specified and easily learned.

The Australian Instrument Written exam is one of the easiest exams an IFR pilot will ever write and if they go overseas and have to write for example the FAA or Canadian Instrument Exam, they will find a far more difficult exam.

Regardless of jurisdiction, those who pass the exam by a three day seminar etc, will not and cannot know the material as well from that seminar alone.

If I was to run a course for the IREX, I would not teach it to pass the exam but to cover the material in a logical fashion to enhance retention in the long term by using all the available laws of learning etc to make it an enjoyable fun experience.