PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Cadet Pilot Program
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2014, 16:36
Shamrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
25% Funding Question

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate if anybody has any details on the self-funded portion of the Aer Lingus Cadetship and if you know how it works, would you mind posting the details on this forum, thanks.

It is very clear from the Aer Lingus careers section that any successful applicant will have to pay roughly 25% of the FTE Jerez training costs.

The reason I ask is because on other forums there are all sorts of different stories on the matter and I would like to find out which one is true. I have read that this 25% self funded portion could be paid through pay-roll deductions once you start as an F/O on the airbus and I have also heard that you simply need to have 30 grand in hard cash before you even start the cadetship (alright for some people but not everyone has this money nowadays).

I feel this point is important and needs to be raised as lots of people applying could do it if the 25% is taken out of your wages where as on the other hand if you have to pay 25-30k up front or in 5 instalments to FTE Jerez then there is no point in wasting €240 to attend an assessment for a job you cannot afford if that makes sense. I know some people have jobs and can get a loan for 30k or the parents might give them 30k but I think most young lads and girls would struggle to get 10K of a Bank these days.

Thanks for anyone who can clarify this point. Perhaps a current cadet or ex-cadet could comment please. Cheers