PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Propeller choices for Australia
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2014, 10:14
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks skkm, appreciate the feedback.

When you say 'repair chips and cracks' who do you have repair them? Is your LAME familiar with new composites? The reason I started this thread came from talking to LAME's about them, and found their knowledge of new ideas somewhat lacking, and actual experience with them, non-existent. I talked to the manufacturer, and their repair procedure for most stone chips on anything other than the metal leading edge is clean the area, fill with epoxy resin, sand back, done.

No LAME that I spoke to (5 of them) had any idea what the repair procedure was, and I got the impression that they thought they were 'new fangled black magic' that they didn't trust, but didn't have any hard data to back it up. That's why I am asking people that actually use them for their experience.

If it's not to personal, what sort of application are they being used in? You don't have to be specific!

Jaba, I will give you a ring tomorrow, or drop around, hopefully I wouldn't have lost what little remains of my mind in the mean time!